All that and more....
Best Traditional R&B Performance
- Who I want to win WIN: "Shame" by Tyrese
- Who YOU think will WIN: "Let it Burn" by Jazmine Sullivan
- Who will most likely WIN: "Shame" by Tyrese
- WHY: Now I have listened to every song on this list and all have the potential to win. With the Grammys, you truly never know. However, "Shame" is the most powerful ballad on this list. You can feel the emotions Tyrese is going through as he sings the chorus. I believe this plus it being the lead single off his successful independent album Black Rose gets him the dub.
Best R&B Performance
- Who I want to WIN: "Earned It" by The Weeknd
- Who YOU think will WIN: "If I Don't Have You" by Tamar Braxton (Ya'll love some Tamar).
- Who will most likely WIN: "Earned It" by The Weeknd
- WHY: The other songs are good but "Earned It" took The Weeknd's career to the NEXT LEVEL. I was not the biggest Weeknd fan until this song was released and it made me give him another shot. While "If I Don't Have You" and "Rise Up" have better vocals, I believe "Earned It" made a bigger impact.
Best Rap Performance
- Who I want to WIN: "Back To Back" by Drake
- Who YOU think will WIN: "Back To Back" by Drake (Nilly says "Alright")
- Who will most likely WIN: "Alright" by Kendrick Lamar
- WHY: Let's be honest....WE ALL WANT "BACK TO BACK" TO WIN! Do you realize how INSANE Twitter and the rest of the social media world will be if this happens? Endless memes. Meek's career would basically be over. HOWEVER, that is not the reason I think it should win. I went to LilWeezyana, Drake surprised us all and came out. He did a few songs but then Lil Wayne silenced the music and said to him "stop playing and give the people what they want". The beat for "Back to Back" dropped and the crowd went NUTS! I witnessed the song performed LIVE and that is why I give it the nod. With that being said, the Grammys and other top tier media outlets are obsessed with Kendrick's To Pimp A Butterfly so it will probably win everything it is nominated for. *Keeps fingers crossed for "Back to Back"*
Best R&B Song
- Who I want to WIN: "Coffee" by Miguel
- Who YOU think will WIN: "Let It Burn" By Jazmine Sullivan
- Who will most likely WIN: "Earned It" by The Weeknd
- WHY: I loved Miguel's Wildheart album and "Coffee" is definitely one of the best track but I do not think the album or single garnered enough buzz. "Let It Burn" is cool. The production is really good but I never was a huge fan of it. Again, "Earned It" is the Weeknd's breakout hit and I believe the success of the song will help it get the win.
Best Rap Song
- Who I want to WIN: "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap
- Who YOU think will WIN: "Alright" by Kendrick Lamar
- Who will most likely WIN: "Glory" by Common & John Legend (would not be surprised if it is Kendrick)
- WHY: Fetty Wap was ROBBED! It is no way he shouldn't have been nominated for the Best New Artist Grammy. He deserves to get a win for the amazing year he has had. However, this Grammy is going to either "Glory" or "Alright". I give Common and John Legend the slight nod to win over K-Dot due to the fact that they have already won an Oscar for the track.
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
- Who I want to WIN: "One Man Can Change The World" by Big Sean feat John Legend and Kanye West
- Who YOU think will WIN: "Classic Man" by Jidenna feat Roman GianArthur
- Who will most likely WIN: "Glory" by Common and John Legend
- WHY: Big Sean deserves to win this Grammy after being snubbed in the Rap Album of the Year category. "One Man Can Change The World" is one of the best songs he has ever made. However, it will be hard to compete with the Oscar-winning "Glory". It wouldn't shock me at all if "These Walls" got the W though.
Best R&B Album
- Who I want to WIN: Leon Bridges: Coming Home
- Who YOU think will WIN: Jazmine Sullivan: Reality Show
- Who will most likely WIN: D'Angelo And The Vanguard: Black Massiah
- WHY: If you haven't heard Leon Bridges' Coming Home album you need to ASAP. It is such breath of fresh air from what most music sounds like today. It's like a trip back in time listening to his album. It feels like Motown. Bridges won't get the win because he is a rookie and the veteran D'Angelo released his first album in 14 YEARS. I couldn't get jiggy with the album but it was well received and will most likely bring him home to trophy.
Best Urban Contemporary Album
- Who I want to WIN: The Internet: Ego Death
- Who YOU think will WIN: Kehlani: You Should Be Here
- Who will most likely WIN: The Weeknd: Beauty Behind the Madness
- WHY: Never heard of The Internet huh? That is the reason why I would love if they won. This group is AMAZING from production to vocals to lyrics. Syd Tha Kid (yes this is Odd Future group) has one of the best voices OUT! If you haven't checked out Ego Death yet, you definitely should. Kehlani came out of nowhere and took us all by storm. Though just a mixtape, You Should Be Here is no doubt worthy of its nomination. Be that as it may, The Weeknd's Beauty Behind The Madness will win this category. Not only does he has the hits, he put together a great body of work. It is easily one of the top R&B projects of the year. Sidenote: TRAP SOUL SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED!!!
Rap Album of the year
- Who I want to win WIN: J.Cole: 2014 Forest Hills Drive
- Who YOU think will WIN: J.Cole: 2014 Forest Hills (Except Seanil)
- Who will most likely WIN: Kendrick Lamar: To Pimp A Butterfly
- Snub List: Big Sean: Dark Sky Paradise, Future: Dirty Sprite 2, Rae Sremmurd: SremmLife
- WHY: Let's be honest, only two albums matter in this category. It is 2014 Forest Hills Drive vs. To Pimp A Butterfly. I want J.Cole to win this award but he will not. To Pimp Butterfly will. For the people who don't like To Pimp A Butterfly, I ask have you ever really gave it a shot? I know on my first listen I wasn't really feeling it. It was different. It wasn't the Kendrick I was used to. Then I got to the last song and it completely changed my perspective. "Mortal Man" made me restart the whole album because clearly I was missing something after hearing this joint. After listening to TPAB MORE THAN ONCE, I began to understand and truly appreciate what Kendrick had created. The album is different but a masterpiece at the same time. I think it really hits its stride for me at "u". From there on out it is sweet sailing. This body of work is indeed worthy of the accolades it has received. I challenge you all to go give the album another shot. WITH THAT BEING SAID, I want J.Cole to win the Grammy for Rap Album of the Year. TPAB is classic but 2014 Forest Hills Drive is better TO ME. Maybe not better content or lyrics but Cole has a way of speaking that makes it feel like he is talking to you. It is like Cole knows your story, knows what you are going through personally and knows what you need to hear. It feels personal. I could go on longer but yeah both albums are more than worthy for the award. To Pimp A Butterfly gets the W though.