#EarlyViewOnViews begins now.
Track-By-Track Early View
- Keep The Family Close: I honestly was shocked when I heard this track. Drake's intros are usually revealing bars about things going on in his life but instead he opened up #VIEWS with a damn near ballad. Interesting.
- 9: I was kind of motivated after hearing this track. I heard the line "I made the decision last night that I would die for it" and I was like I need to get to work! Hence, is probably why I am writing this article now.
- U With Me?: When I heard the DMX sample to begin the track, I knew this track was going to be flames. I believe this track is when you realize "wait...I think Drake might becoming with it with this album".
- Feel No Ways: Hopefully this track encourages more people to go check out Majiid Jordan's album. Their entire LP has similar sound and it is dope!
- Hype: Trap Drake's first appearance on the album. The production is probably my favorite part of the track.
- Weston Road Flows: This joint is the perfect example of why I like Drake as an artist. I love when he raps like this over joints like this (Mary J sample is sweet!).
- Redemption: Mannnnnnnn.....I'm sure a bunch of DMs, "hey stranger" text, "wyd big head" texts and maybe even a few tears were dropped after this one.
- With You: Party and Drake just cannot do wrong together. After hearing this, it rose the anticipation I had for #P3 even more.
- Faithful: #RIPSweetJones. I love Drake's part but the highlight of the track has to be the addition of DSVN. The leaked tracked was already good but he rose it to another level.
- Still Here: Nice joint to keep the album flowing.
- Controlla: The mastered version of this song is everything I thought it would be. This might just be the song of the summer. HOWEVER, I am disappointed that Drake did not keep Popcaan on the final version.
- One Dance: I always thought this track was super catchy but I think the placement of this track right after "Controlla" makes it even more enjoyable.
- Grammys: Not the best OVOFBG collab but I already know this song will bang in the clubs. Lil Wayne would have ATE this beat. Hoepfully he is on a remix.
- Child's Play: My mouth dropped when I heard that "She Rode That D*ck like Soldier" sample. New Orleans culture is definitely making a huge impact on the hip-hop culture right now. Shoutout to my boy Norman for calling that Drake would use a Bounce sample a few days before the album dropped.
- Pop Style: I like Drake's new second verse but Kanye should have been kept on the song as well. My bro Myles is somewhere cringing still at the "Chaining Tatum" line. LOL
- Too Good: Can we go ahead and get this Drake and Rihanna collab album already? Their chemistry is too good for this not to happen one day.
- Summers Over Interlude: WHO IS THIS was my initial thought when I heard this one. They say it is Majiid Jordan and if it is, they did the DAMN THING!
- Fire & Desire: Man this joint so smooth..this feels like some So Far Gone sh*t. .
- Views: The sample to begin this track is everything! I knew this was going to be on the album after I heard it on OVO Radio the day he premiered "Summer Sixteen". This outro will be up for debate as one of Drizzy's greatest outros.
- Hotline Bling: He should have put a remix of this joint on the album but still is enjoyable.
My three favorite tracks this far: "Weston Road Flows", "U Wit Me", and "Child's Play" (and "Controlla" so four)
What are your initial thoughts on the album? What are your favorite tracks so far? #SpeakYourMIND in the comments below.