Check out this week's tracks!
The Rundown of the 10
- "Party": Chris Brown had a relatively quiet year but lowkey ended it with a BANG..or at least a BANG-er. This new joint is no doubt a track that I believe will really take off in 2017.
- "Focus": I heard this song watching one of Dr. Price's Dancing Doll Highlight videos and have been hooked on it ever since. It is one of the best songs I have heard all year.
- "Living Single": This track leaked months ago and was reportedly left off of Chance's album due to clerance issues. Now the official track has been released and it will be on Sean's next LP. This track is a smooth collabo between some of the hottest artists in the game.
- "Black Is Gold": Since being called out by J. Cole in "False Prohphets", Wale has been on a roll with the new joints. This new one is a track that NO DOUBT the ladies will enjoy. I love the Issa Rae shouout in the song. #LawrenceHive
- "Thick of It": Mary has been going through hell lately from the reports of her divorce. Hopefully that situation gets better but we do know what we will be better, THE MUSIC! Hurt Mary is the Mary we all truly love (which is sad but yeah...). Her first single off her upcoming album is exactly what fans have been missing.
- "Both": While fans await The 6ers joint EP from Guwop and Drizzy, they get another taste of what it may sound like with this new joint off The Return of East Atlanta Santa. I know Drake's verse will BANG in the clubs.
- "Ol Thang Back": I think Juelz might be the next artist to actually benefit from being on Love and Hip Hop. Since being on the show, he has dropped new music and it has been good! He took a long hiatus but it is refreshing to hear one of the original Dipset members back on the mic.
- "Castro": To kick off the Cocaince Musik 9 era, Gotti recruits a nice line-up for his first single. Yeezy, Mr. Dab of Ranch, and Tity Boy join forces with Gotti for the new joint named after the recently deceased Cubian Dictator Fidel Castro.
- "Coasters": This Khalid guy has been popping up on my iTunes and social media the last few weeks and I finally gave him a listen. The kid is nice!
- "Nowhere": Christon Gray's Glory album was highly slept on this year. This is my favorite track off the album, it is truly inspiring and I believe everyone should hear it.