With 2017 arrving any day now, here are some tracks YOU HAVE TO HEAR before the clocks strike midnight on
December 31st, 2016.
The Rundown of The 10
- "Moves": I cannot wait for Big Sean's next album. "Bounce Back" is one of my theme songs heading into 2017 and I like his new single "Moves" even more. Every time I hear "Moves" I cannot help but MOVE! Sean's fourth studio album I Decided drops February 2nd so mark your calanders.
- "I Shoulda Left You": Chance and Jeremih's Merry Christmas Lil Mama mixtape was perfect for the holidays. If you are like me (and many others) you will not listen to anymore Christmas music after Christmas. However, this one track from their Christmas mixtape is a track you can definitely bump in 2017. It will probably come in handy when you let that person you cut off for your New Years Resolution back in your life and they screw up AGAIN!
- "Location": I did not like this song when I first listened to it but now I am addicted. I listen to this joint every day. Khalid has released some nice tunes in 2016 so I am looking forward to a project in 2017.
- "Wait A Minute (Remix)": I never heard of this song until one day I see this video on my Twitter timeline of Remy Ma SPAZZING. I initally was like "I have to add this track to my library ASAP". While many speculate Remy's verse to be shots at Nicki, I just appreciate the hardcore bars that she spit. If she is coming like that next year, Nicki might have to watch that crown she has been sitting on for years.
- "I Got 5": This year has been pretty big for Nilly. He dropped the video for "Black" which was powerful. He followed that up with his 5Life project which is his best work to date and released a dope film to go with it. To end the year, Nilly drops "I Got 5" and after hearing it, 2017 looks promising for the young MC.
- "Love Like Honey": Yes, you are right. This song is not new. However, it is still so good! Pretty Ricky had the HITS! Both of their albums still run. I was listening to this song and after attempting to hit all of Pleasure P's notes, I knew I had to add it to the list this week. Walk down memory lane and go listen to it.
- "That's A Check": Future had a pretty quiet year compared to the previous one. After being featured on most of DJ Esco's mixtape in June and dropping a few songs here and there, Hendrix has not been that active. However, it is looking like 2017 will be a bit different. After dropping a video for his new song "Buy Love", he follows it up the next day by dropping this new one featuring Rick Ross. This is the Future we like too! Hopefully we get Beastmode 2 early 2017.
- "Bando": This "Bando" joint is a cool. Baby E's song "Finessin" was nice so I checked out his new one and I like this one too. Wayne might have something on his hands with this kid after all. Not to mention, Wayne has a great verse on the track!
- "Santana Bandana": You heard it here first "Santana is BACK". Juelz has been dropping heat every Monday after Love and Hip-Hop airs. I have a feeling when people ask "has anyone made it musically from Love and Hip-Hop" that K. Michelle will not be the only person they say after next year.
- "ROTY": Cash saw me at my job and let me get a sneak peek of the track. I thought it was nice then but the finished version is even better. Tre Louis is one of the best rappers in the city. Wake up and check out his music. You can tell by his voice that he is special.
BONUS 2 (Young Goodman Brown Vol. 1 by Couto): Couto is another person many might recoginze from his poetry but the man has skills on the mic. I can honestly say I was shocked at how good I thought his first project was. Couto has a bright future ahead of him so make sure you all keep an eye out for him in 2017 as well.