The Rundown of the 10
- "T-Shirt": Migos Migos Migos. The buzz for their CULTURE album (which drops January 27th) continues to grow with each release. Donald Glover shouted them out in his acceptance speech at the Gold Globes and now they have the number one song in the country ("Bad and Boujee"). In addition to that, they just dropped some amazing visuals to one of their new tracks entitled "T-Shirt". In his directorial debut, Quavo excels (as one would expect him to do). Migos has brought back "the rap group".
- "Damn": This might just be my favorite joint this week. The sample is great and Trina and Tory Lanez sound great together over this production. Not to mention the song's cover art is exqusite. However, what else do you expect from the baddest b*tch?
- "Undercover": 2017 might just be Kehlani's year. Every track she has dropped from her upcoming debut album (SWEETSEXYSAVAGE) has been dope and she continues that with her lastest joint "Undercover". The Bay songstress pays homage to Akon's "Don't Matter on the song and it has potential to be a big hit in 2017.
- "Drugs": A lot of people slept on August Alsina's sophomore album but he is back and gearing up for his third. He has released the title track from his upcoming album Drugs. He stills sounds like he is crying a bit on the track but it sounds good on this one.
- "Shape of You" + "Castle on the Hill": 2016 was rather quiet for Ed Sheeran...well if you call writing one of the biggest songs of 2016 quiet (Justin Beiber's "Love Yourself"). To make up for the drought of new music from him, Sheeran gifts fans with not one but two new singles. The reactions to both tracks has been great. I enjoy both but I think I have to lean toward "Castle on the Hill" as my favorite of the two. You can expect a new album from Sheeran sometime this Spring.
- *See Above*
- "Sweet F'n Love": Alicia Keys released her new album in 2016 but is already back with more new music. Over the KAYTRANADA produced track, Key's singing will have you hypnotized. This song is smooth and relaxing.
In cased you missed any previous #10SongsYouNeedToHear, here are THREE TRACKS you might have missed out on that you need to hear. Couple and Twenty88 group members Big Sean and Jhene Aiko both released visuals to their latest singles. "Moves" is one of the hottest tracks out right now and "Maniac" is sexy. Last but not least, I know a lot of you feel a certain way about Tyga but his latest single with Kanye West is HOT! So check it out "Feel Me" ya feel me.