Once I got home, I slacked up a bit on my training. I began eating the foods I had eliminated from my diet. Workouts were few and far between. My nightly routine was neglected, no squats, lunges or sit-ups. I noticed my body began to change. There were hardly any signs of the progress I had made. I got a bit disappointed and made up my mind I would get back in the gym because that's the only way I can get in and stay in shape.
Now I'm no personal trainer, but here are my tips and tricks to staying spiritually fit:
1. Read God's word daily: Utilize reading plans on the YouVersion bible app. If you're not the best reader, there are versions that will read to you (I use the NIV). Share your scriptures or make them your screensaver.
2. Talk to God throughout the day (in the bed, car, work, school): Pray as much as possible and remember that God understands your slang, screams, and tears so communicate however you feel you need to just do it!
3. Attend Sunday and mid-week service: Yes, the doors of the church are open more than just Sunday. I always feel better after service!
4. Connect with Kingdom-minded people: The company you keep is very important, be sure you surround yourself with people that can help you grow. Join a youth, young adult, or singles ministry at church; getting active will help you meet other Christians.
5. Listen to Christian music: Music changes your mood and perspective. Getting ready for your day, you should listen to music that sets the mood for what you're trying to accomplish. I'm listening to Jonathan McReynolds and The Walls Group. I find myself singing it throughout the day and it helps keep me calm and happy!
6. Whatever have you to do to go a little farther, push a little harder, or do just a little more, I just know that you have to stay fit!
Songs You should check out:
| || |