Are you going into the season with a "clean" slate?
Myron Smothers and Cash Roberson discuss STDs.
Things to think About Concerning STDS
- IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU: According to statistics from American Sexual Health Association, more than half of all people will have a STD/STI at one point in their life. Stats also say one in two sexually active persons will contract an STD/STI by the age of 25. Scary right? So while many things people think contracting an STD can never happen to them, THINK AGAIN! Protect yourself so you don't become a statistic.
FREE 99: We all like free things right? I know I do. So imagine if somebody can hook you up with something for the "low low" that could save your life? You would take it right? Exactly! So go get tested. If you are still in college, your student health center is likely to give them away for free and if not, you can just google "free stds testing" and find somewhere locally.
- Ladies, you can get tested when you do your yearly well-women exam.
- Babies aren't he worst...: When it comes to sex, many think babies are the worst thing that can happen. However, let's be honest, babies are a blessing. While baby mama/daddy drama can be hectic, most people who have babies out of wedlock all in up saying "my child is the greatest thing that ever happened to me". No one has EVER said that about an STD. Protect yourself for both situations. Fellas, just because the girl is on birth control does not mean dive in naked headed. Ladies, just because you might be on the pill does not mean you should accept someone not using protection. Be smart people.
- A Cool Date: I mean lets be honest, many of yall do not know the status of the person you're sleeping with. Change that! Instead of going to the movies or two for 20 at your local Applebees, you and "bae" should visit the clinic. Enjoy some quality time in the waiting room while you wait for your results. Either you will find out both of you all are good to go or maybe one of you all might decide to part ways. At least you know.
- Fellas..: You heard the phrase "once you go black, you never go back"? Well, "once you go raw, you never want to go back". So my best advice to my fellas is to never do it if you have not already done it. If you have, RESIST the TEMPTATION to do it again.
- Ladies: You have a sacred garden between your legs. You can't be letting an any old gardener come through without any equipment; especially if you don't really know the gardener. If you don't want weeds or your flowers to bloom "too soon", make sure the person has the right equipment.
- Haunted House: All in all, getting tested is a scary moment. Regardless of if you know your status or not. Those 20 minutes waiting on results feel like forever. BUT! It is better to know where you stand regardless of the outcome. So MAN or WOMAN up and GET TESTED!.