A Recap of the Season
- We finally have an efficient offense! Cam Cameron stepped in and brought the 1st round pick potential out of Zach Mettenberger and turned our offense into one of the best in the country.
- However, upon gaining an offense, we decided to lose our defense. The defensive line did not live up to expectations and defensive backs were like the jokes on the back of Laffy Taffys; pretty bad.
- DBU lost its accreditation.
- We lost to Georgia, Ole Miss( didn't know this was possible) and Alabama (Sidenote: I went to Bama for the game and their tailgating has nothing on LSU's) .
- We played one of our best games of the year against Texas A&M. We put Johnny Football in his place; AGAIN.
- Selected to play Iowa in the Outback Bowl.
- Really Outback? Out of all the appetizers on your menu, you chose to giveaway free "Blooming Onions". I'll pass.
- On to some football. Though the game was close, Iowa proved to not be a worthy of opponent for the LSU Tigers. A lot of people claim LSU's defense improved after viewing this game. I just think they played an average offense.
- In my best Kevin Hart impression, Jennings wasn't READY. We can't be to hard on the QB; it was his first collegiate start. I think a lot of us were expecting a similar performance to Jordan Jefferson's when he started his first game in a bowl game. If you look at how Jefferson's career panned out, Jennings poor performance may not be a bad thing. He must improve for LSU to be a threat next season.
- Jalen Mills cheers after a every tackle he makes. Chill bro.
- Jeremy Hill is a monster. If he played in a system which featured one-back, I'm sure he could compete for the Heisman trophy.
- Hill, as well underclassmen Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Freak Johnson, and Ego Ferguson have probably all played their last game as LSU Tigers. I wish them the best.
- Seriously tho, "Blooming Onions"?
The Under-Armour All American Game
- This game was full of emotion; mainly from fans vying for recruits to come to their schools.
- LSU fans were disappointed most of the game.
- LSU went 1 for 5 in recruits losing a key recruit in Jamal Adams to the University of LSU.
- Ok seriously, LSU went 2 for 5.
- Is Les losing his luster? He's starting to lose big in-state recruits. We have too much talent here in Louisiana to let it leave. You have to do better Les. We all know Les isn't the best coach so like my good friend Ramon Hardy tweeted "If Les can't get the top recruits anymore then what is he good for"?
- Brandon Harris looked good and he will be at LSU in the spring. Watch out Jennings.
- Leonard Fournette committed to LSU. *Drops Mic*
- Though she is 0 for 2 in recruiting, I don't know if I've seen a more passionate LSU fan than April Justin (Mother of Landon Collins and Gerald Willis III). Two times on national television when her sons have chosen other schools, she still proudly showed her support for the Tigers. Les give this lady a scholarship! Or at least some tickets, she deserves it!
The offense will probably lose majority of its stars but having Fournette commit eases the pain for next season. The defense will be better next year and more experienced (hopefully DBU regains accreditation) . Spring will be huge for the Tigers. Expect a lot of story lines coming out of the locker room.